Kozlovic Malvazija Santa Lucia
incl. 20% VAT = 5,83 €
- Grape variety: Istrian Malvasia
- Category: semi dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: single vineyard Santa Lucia
- Vineyard age: planted in 1962
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection, cryo maceration 5-6 days, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: in wooden barrels 32 hl for 12 months, 3 months in inox
- Maturation in bottles: 1 years
- Alcohol by volume: 14,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,2 g/l
- Serving temperature: 12 °C
Santa Lucia White is 100% Malvasia Istriana from a single vineyard Santa Lucia. If our regular Malvasia is our most important wine, then Santa Lucia is wine where we are determined to show the sheer potential of our beloved Malvasia, its heights, its beauty. A wine with potential for ageing for at least a decade. The colour is lovely golden with medium depth with oily texture clearly visible. Nose is of medium intensity, rather restrained but fine, diverse with plenty of complexity. Nose is showing a bit of maturity but is still youthful. Floral notes are dominating with touch of peaches, caramel. Lots of ripe fruits here, but no overripens. Quite different from 2013, here the variety is at the spotlight. This is very much how fine, ripe Malvasia Istriana smells like. It is dry and full bodied on the palate with medium acidity, creamy texture and intense characters, clearly showing its Mediterranean spirit. No, this one is not shy. It completely occupies one's palate and stays there firmly. Some savoury quality can be detected. Seems like saltines, minerality rather than acidity is balancing full body. Showing some edges and telling us it will improve with time. Still young. With long, clean finish. Inviting.
Combining with food:
Fish with creamy sauces, grilled Saint-Jacques, mushroom risotto, pasta with rich sauces and many, many other, mainly warm dishes.
Will be best between after two up to the next nine years.
Free home delivery within Vienna is possible with an invoiced value of goods of 50 euros and more.