incl. 20% VAT = 2,82 €
- Grape variety: Istrian Malvasia
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale, Santa Lucia, Contarini
- Vineyard age: 9 – 54 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200-240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection,
cryo maceration 12-24 h, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: inox 7 months
- Alcohol by volume: 13,0 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,7 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 1,8 g/l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
This Malvasia Istriana has a nice pale golden colour. On the nose, it is youthful and subtle, with lovely complexity showing multiple layers. White flowers, peaches and juicy yellow fruits are dominant. It is dry on the palate. If the character on the nose is maybe a bit shy, which is what Malvasia usually does; it is fully intense on the palate, where all the flavours from the nose are intensified with some savour, mineral quality coming into equation. It is quite full bodied, warm, with a long aftertaste. A quintessential Malvasia Istriana. Could be one of our best to date.
Combining with food:
Risotto with scampi or shrimps, mushroom risotto, delicate white fish but also more complex textures like salmon. Good companion to scallops, pasta dishes with meat or seafood, chicken in creamy sauces, grilled vegetables, istrian fuži wtih lighter sauces and with poultry in general.
It is best to drink it in the second and third year, but it will be great to the fifth year.
Free home delivery within Vienna is possible with an invoiced value of goods of 50 euros and more.